Point Grey Research® Inc. is looking for a solution oriented, process driven, and highly motivated Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position will report directly to the Director of Manufacturing Operations, while successfully bridging the gap between the manufacturing department, the software development team, and the hardware group.
General Duties and Tasks
- Manage the manufacturing infrastructure support team
- Prioritize, triage, assign, and escalate bugs created by the manufacturing department
- Coordinate the transfer to manufacturing of new product introductions
- Review and help optimize the manufacturing build processes
- Calculate and track manufacturing times and associated costs
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 years prior work experience in an electronics design and manufacturing environment
- 1-2 years prior work experience in a relevant management role
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze and debug issues reported during the manufacturing process
- A self-starter, with ability to drive tasks forward with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and communicate well with other departments
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot software bugs is an asset
- Salary commensurate with successful candidate’s experience
- Successful candidate will be eligible to participate in the company’s competitive benefits package
- Point Grey Research offers a challenging and stimulating work environment with competitive compensation packages, including full health benefits, stock options, tuition assistance, RRSP matching, home office allowance, birthday gift and fully stocked kitchen (no need to bring a lunch). Point Grey values its employees and has created a flexible and friendly work environment where individuals can excel and contribute significantly to the success of the company.
Point Grey Research, Inc. is a worldwide leader in the development of advanced digital camera technology products for machine vision, factory automation, scientific and traffic applications. Based in Richmond, BC, Canada, Point Grey designs, manufactures and distributes IEEE- 1394 (FireWire), USB 2.0, USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet, and Camera Link digital video cameras that are known for their excellent quality, performance, and ease of use. A broad range of hardware, software and mechanical engineering skills has allowed Point Grey to successfully bring many innovative and ground-breaking products to market. This drive for innovation has led to many industry firsts, including the first and smallest 1394b digital camera.
To express interest, please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "JN05142012-Manufacturing Engineer".