The Firefly and Firefly2 Imaging Products are designed entirely around the Texas Instruments TSB15LV01 CameraLynx chip. Links to the datasheet and errata for this chipset can be found in the Related Article below.
As a result, PGR has considerably less control over feature implementation and settings. For example, direct control
Following is a general list of functionality that cannot be implemented on the Firefly or Firefly2:
- Auto Gain (direct control)
- Custom Image Modes (Format_7)
- Extended Shutter Modes
- Embedded Image Timestamping
- Upgradeable Firmware
- Trigger Modes and GPIO functionality
- Automatic Inter-Camera Synchronization
For more information on the differences between the Firefly / Firefly2 and our other Imaging Products, please refer to the Related Article below.