It is sometimes useful to adjust the frame rate on the Firefly2 in order to compensate for 50Hz lighting. Poking a bit in the VIDEO_OPTIONS_CNFG register of the camera will reduce the frame rate to 83.3% of the reported frame rate. This turns 30Hz into 25Hz, 15Hz into 12.5Hz etc.
This mode can be accessed by setting bit  of register 0xF20 to a value of 1.
You can achieve this using FlyCap as follows:
- plug the camera in
- start FlyCap and select the camera
- ensure that the camera isn't grabbing images
- open up the camera properties dialog
- select Registers
- type 0F20 into the register field and hit the Get Register button.
- change the 24th bit to 1 (this involves changing the 7th number to an 8 (i.e on the color camera system 33 63 00 03 becomes 33 63 00 83)
- hit the Set Register button
- start grabbing
Further details on this and other registers can be found in the related article below.
To adjust the frame rate to 50Hz on a Firefly MV, go to the General Settings section of the Camera Control dialog, take the Frame Rate parameter out of auto mode, and manually change the frame rate to 50Hz. This can also be done by manually adjusting the ABS_FRAME_RATE register, as described in the Digital Camera Register Reference.